Volunteer @ DSR
Any and all events of this nature, can only go ahead safely and successfully with the help and assistance of willing volunteers giving up their free time to assist runners and event staff to have a fun, safe and enjoyable event. We would love to have you along to one of our events as a volunteer, whether you have done so before, or are new to volunteering we want you.
If you are thinking of taking part in a trail running event with Dark Skies Run or any other trail running event, volunteering gives you an insight into how the events are ran, and how the runners enjoy taking part and the challenges and experiences you will receive as a runner in a trail event. Becoming a volunteer at an event is a priceless way of getting first hand experience. It’s a great way to meet other like minded people and runners and enjoy all the event buzz. Perfect if your training has not quite gone to plan and you cannot make the event, or are injured and cannot take part, you don’t need to miss out on the event buzz.
Being part of the event family is a fabulous and rewarding experience (and in my opinion as I have done this many times at other events, it gives a better buzz sometimes than running the event).
What we need for events
Simply a team of volunteers, willing to smile and encourage runners around the various courses and distances our events take. We need the team to be able to help, taping out courses prior to events, Check Point volunteers to dispense water/food and offer a smile and positive vibes and take down race numbers, to help out at registration/finish doing kit checks giving out race numbers/t-shirts/medals.
We need race sweepers on foot and bike to help out at the back of the pack taking down event signage as they follow the pack, to ensure the safety of the runners at the back and relay information to race HQ.
What do you get for being a DSR volunteer
- A fantastic experience (priceless).
- The views and fresh air being in sometimes remote locations for extended periods (priceless).
- A event crew t-shirt.
- A beanie hat (at our SCOTT sponsored events).
- A silicone wrist band (at our SCOTT sponsored events).
- For those volunteering at an Ultra event for 6hrs +, a free entry into the event volunteered at the following year
- For those volunteering at the Dark Skies Run @ Kielder for 4hrs +, a free entry into the event the following year.
- For those volunteering at a Marathon Distance event (excluding Dark Skies) for 2hrs+, a free entry into the following years event or any Trail Series 10k or Half Marathon the same or following year.
- For those volunteering at a Trail Series 10k or Half Marathon for 2hrs+, a free entry into any Trail
- Series 10k or Half Marathon the same or following year.
If you think you would like to help out at one of our races then please complete this form.